Monday 13 May 2013

Own crates.

When it came to making my own crates... It took a bit of a process, cause every time I modeled one, I didn't like something about it... and started from scratch. 
Here are some of the ones I didn't like:
This one just seemed too simple, not modern enough D:


This one I thought of when I started thinking less about the looks of it, and more about what the actual crates and barrels are designed to do. Which is a shipment and protection of the cargo. 
But this one seemed a bit weird... I didn't like it. So I deleted it. 

But right after that I came up with a perfect design. I like it anyway.

Well at first I had the edges of the crate extruded a bit further away. 
But I wasn't quite happy with it yet. 
So I extruded it inwards. That way the cargo is inside held on the tips of the extrusion basically. 
At this point I was happy with the look of it, as well as the overall design to protect the stuff inside.

Here is a screenshot of it after I've textured it. 


The old fashioned crate I did first. So it's not as good as I would want it to be but I figured I needed to learn my lesson somehow.
What I figured happened is after I UV mapped it and imported it into Photoshop I must have missed the lines or something, cause on one of the sides the texture actually comes onto the other face too much D: they don't meet up nicely in the corner like they should... Here you can see for yourself. 
But I only just realized this happened, and I don't really want to clean it up at this point. The stuff I did afterwards don't have this problem, it was just a one off thing so I don't think it's something I need to worry about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment