Wednesday 15 May 2013

Bungie - Research

I love games. And if you know me you probably know that I am in love with this company.
So obviously I need to have a post of two about what they do.

So, Bungie is a game developer company. Established in 1991 by Alex Seropian later on joined by Jason Jones. I couldn't find an exact number of employees
http://bungie.wikia.com/wiki/List_Of_Bungie_Employees
but here I got a list of all sorts of employees. It doesn't look like many : D

I love it because those guys started from nothing, the first releases they were doing they had to assemble the boxes themselves. It gives me a little more hope that even though it's a big scary world out there I might just get to do what I want in an environment I'll love rather hating my job... Cause there is probably nothing worse than hating your job.
Obviously they weren't really popular till they hit Halo.
Halo is one of the greatest games ever made!
The first Halo, Halo: Combat Evolved, that came out in 2001 got around 6.43 million sales!
Halo 2 got ( more than Halo 4 mwahaha ) 8.49 million.
And Halo 3 hold the record for the biggest entertainment launch in history! And the fastest selling game ever!  with 11.76 million!
They did not make Halo FOUR NO! That's why it has certain aspects of the game that I personally dislike: maps are bad, they lag, and there isn't even a none of the above button! And most of the time you have no choice but to play an awfuly awful map. Because out of three awful maps people went for the least awful one because there was no None of the above button! Enough ranting about that though.

A little why I love the company; they are amazing at what they do, and they know it!

"About Us

Bungie was founded in 1991 with two simple goals:

  • Develop kick ass games that combine state-of-the-art technology with uncompromising art, captivating storytelling, and deep gameplay.
  • Sell enough copies of those games to fund our ongoing quest for total World Domination."


This is on their website. The sense of humour they have, you can see that the company is there, to entertain people, not really to make money. You can tell they really like to have fun not only can you see this in the way they address the fans but also in the games they create by leaving little jokes or bonuses here and there in the form of easter eggs. And I would really love to join their quest for total World Domination :c
But in that funny and being totally awesome way... people love them and they are making a lot of money, doing what they love and do best!

But with Halo being a huge success, they have now moved onto making another AMAZING game, Destiny.
It's way too awesome to be squeezed into a post about the company so I will leave this for another time but, I just wanted to say I can't wait to see more of their work cause I know it'll be too amazing for woooords : D

No comments:

Post a Comment