Friday 17 May 2013

Blizzard - Research

Since I've been researching all the game companies that I like. Obviously there has to be Blizzard somewhere in there from my love to Diablo.
Blizzard is an American game developer and publisher. Established in 1991.
At the moment the company employs around 4700 people.
The games it's most famous for are World of Warcraft, StarCraft and DIABLO.
I must admit that I only play Diablo... Diablo II to be precise.
I tried Diablo III, I waited a long time for it. But it wasn't the same. They ruined the way you level up... the customization of it, you can no longer choose the stats to add to, it sort of does it itself depending on all sorts of stuff. To me that equals to no fun -__-
 Apart from that, it just didn't feel the same with better graphics. I preferred the really pixelated world somehow it felt, scarier D:
They somehow changed the way the gameplay feels. I didn't get addicted to it, like I did to Diablo II.
With Diablo II it was so bad, to the point where I went on holiday and had to find a computer to play, at least just for a bit D:
And here, I played for about an hour... and... I got bored! D:
But back to the company review...
I would say they pay more attention to WoW, and also try and milk it as much as possible.
It's a weird situation with Wow, cause you don't only have to buy a game, but also buy subscription to be able to play, you can either buy it monthly, or every year I believe. Which is a bit of a ripoff.
They wanted people to buy the subscriptions so bad. So so bad, that after promising to release Diablo III, decided not to release it. but instead give it away for FREE if you bought a 1 year subscription to WoW. That's pretty desperate.
I think Blizzard is a perfect example of a company that doesn't care about their players, but instead milk them as much as possible. And I don't like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment