Monday 20 May 2013

Age Of Empires - Game Review

The game I never shut up about, and I played since I remember... is Age Of Empires, Age of Empires II to be precise. I feel like the second on is much better than the newer one for many reasons. 
Age of Empires is a real time strategy game. Or RTS for short. 
There are many different game types you can choose from. 
You can either start with just a town center and a few villagers, and send those out to collect all the things you need to expand your village, build catacombs and create an army. Or you can start up with lots of supplies, gold stone, food, wood, and play a racing game against someone else or the computer. In this type of game it's basically who is the best at time management. I personally start with building a wall around my village and making sure there is enough archers in the towers to protect me, whilst I build a huge army to attack the enemy. 
I ponder my thoughts as I watch the enemies corpses pile up outside my city gates. 
I love the little features, like collecting resources to make sure I have a sufficient amount for everything. But it's not just that easy, you do have to think everything through so you are not just collecting resources for example, you have to make sure your army is upgraded, and make sure everything has it's defenses 
I mean it sounds pretty boring but you really get into it when you start playing. And one games can take hours and hours, obviously not if you're on the easiest difficulty but that's no challenge. 
It is definitely a game I would recommend to everyone : D

No comments:

Post a Comment