Monday 13 May 2013

Modeling - Stuff

Here I have my candle I modeled in Maya, and below I have a textured piece. I am going to add the fire using particles in Unity.

Pestle and mortar. 

Desk

Window. I must admit I really hate it. I made another window before and I even animated the curtains, but I broke it -__- and I couldn't find a way to fix it... so I deleted it and started from scratch. But this time I used a different texture to cover the window and it's too bright. Looks awful. I'm going to redo it if I have time. 

This is how I did my wardrobe. I didn't want to do the doors separately, so I did one and flipped it horizontally. And I couldn't find an option to do that, but I found out that you can just re-size it in one direction till it's flipped, and it worked!
 Finished Object

Door

Chest of draws
I am not sure what happened here. Well I sort of do know but I got told that this is the way you do it really... I sewed the edges of the sides... and so it connected it. and I believe that's what caused it to spaz out. 
So from this point I didn't sew those edges together. Cause I didn't wanna waste more time on such things. 

Fireplace

Floor

Shelf

Stone Wall

Bed
This I don't think I talked about before. I saw a similar thing in Oblivion... it's a stone bed, and you see vampires sleep on it, for example in the Dark Brotherhood.
I liked the idea so I made a similar thing myself.

Bucket

Chair

Alchemy Table

Cage for alive prisoners
I had a little play around with the alpha map on this one. 
At first I made it this way but I thought the bars are too close together. So I just re-did the alpha map and added a new one on top of it. 
It seemed to work. And here is my finished object.
Bookshelf
Before I started it I considered a few ways of doing it. I could uv map and texture every single book and shelf. Just the shelves or make a texture for a flat surface.
Considering the polygon count I decided to do the last of the options. And I must say it didn't turn out that bad! I spent hours and hours on it... but it was worth it. The reason why I spent hours is because I was a noob at the time, and because I still got the photographs of books, cut them out, and paste them on... one by one.


But I am very proud of the outcome! : D









No comments:

Post a Comment