Thursday 21 May 2015

Upsilion Circuit

This game is quite interesting. From what I understand only 8 players can be playing the game at the given moment. It throws two teams of four into the environment and if you die... you cannot play ever again. "Every move can be your last". 
When I first heard about it I only heard that you only get one chance at this game. And I immediately thought about the Dark Souls game which is pretty much designed to kill you in every possible way. It's very hard a lot of people seem to love it but I was never drawn to it. I'm not sure whether it's because I get my thrills in different ways. I think it's the risk people like about games like these, it's like taking the risk when bungie jumping or gambling, people still do it, and people love it. So I think games like these are to give you similar experiences but it's a lot safer than bungie jumping. 
Anyways... yes so you've got eight players ever, at a time. You get a huge audience watching you on the live stream. The players explore the world, collect crystals like in a normal open world rpg, kill monsters but also compete against the other team. 
But what's interesting is that the xp you collect when kill monsters etc doesn't go to you, it goes to the audience and it's the audience who levels up your skill tree. I never came across such a thing before. But when I read about it it seems that people are quite excited to try it out. It's still in development but a lot of people are already looking forward to it. Hell I am looking forward to it, it'll be a great experience try it out. But I'm not sure how I will feel about people watching my moves. I mean when playing any multiplayer online you get people watching but it's not constant, they don't have any input and they occasionally say something or judge you, where here it's serious judging and serious input in your play. It's not just a teammate who you pick to kill with on halo multiplayer because hes a good shot, it's someone who decides what you can and cannot have. It's something completely new to everyone. I cannot wait to see how it turns out ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment