Wednesday 6 May 2015

Software Update

When I began importing my assets into Unity I had a mini heart attack because every single thing had a sheen on it!
I knew that everything I created was a lambert so I knew it's something to do in Unity. But I could not figure it out. Turns out it was as simple as changing the shader around to the Legacy > Diffuse in the inspector and everything worked fine.
But this is one of the worst things that could happen during a project like this. 
Because you make a plan and a schedule without thinking that you will need a few days to get used to the updated software. And then it's a matter of rushing things here and there to make up for it.
I got advised to download the older version if it's easier for me but I thought it's pointless.
I feel like I need to show that I can adapt and quickly figure out new software maybe without it affecting my schedule that much.
I think I haven't done too bad. I needed to read a lot of forums and ask my friend for some help at certain points but just like everywhere else, you don't need to be an expert at everything and sometimes you will need a little help and advice here and there. 
Even in a professional environment people are constantly having to learn new things and new ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment