Thursday 21 May 2015

Collaboration

I have come across a thread on polycount named 2D concept Bank.
It's full of concept art from different artist who give you permission to use it. 
There are so many interesting pieces there, and it's so useful because you don't have to waste time emailing endless artists and getting rejected most of the time. Which is what happened to me... a lot. 
I have decided to look through and turn some of these concepts into 3D models.
It being very relaxed and done for myself I realized I'm sort of steering away from the original concepts! Sometimes I was completely forgetting it's not actually my ideas and the way I see it in my head isn't what it should look like.
I spent about a day on them and here are the best houses c:
With something as imperfect as this I'd like to have a chance to play around with in Mudbox I think it could do it a lot of good. And it is what I will do in my spare time later on. It was quite tricky to keep the models clean and at the same time have them deformed like that. I had to be very careful and constantly look around the house to see if I'm not damaging the look of the rest of the house while perfecting one of the sides.
So I had to keep on top of it and constantly double and triple check that what I was doing
I really enjoyed this, I don't think I ever worked out of a solid concept before. I usually work with my own ideas and by that I mean I model what's in my head. And sometimes, well most of the times they're not very clear ideas so I just make it up as I go along.
But yes, it was a good experience and I will definitely be doing more of it c:




 I coloured one of them because to me it just looked like a little shroom house.
When I looked at the concept it looked as a little house from a cartoon ^^
I really enjoyed modelling them.


No comments:

Post a Comment