Thursday 21 May 2015

Screen Capture Software

When working on my showreel, well to get some footage for it I needed some screen capture so I can do a walkthrough my game. And they are mostly so so bad. They mostly came out looking like images from one of the first phone cameras, really pixelated with low frame rates. Just awful. Unacceptable to use in a showreel so I felt like I'm stuck. I left it for a while used other pieces I've had and later on I was chatting to a friend and she advised me to use one called the Open Broadcaster Software.
It worked it's magic. In the settigs you can set everything, your frames your dpi. 
It was very simple to use and just what I needed at the time.
Just thought I'll write about it because it was really hard for me to finally get one that worked perfectly, so just spreading the word c: 

No comments:

Post a Comment