Monday 2 March 2015

Venice


The immediate thought when thinking of what could inspire me, where I could start my research was Venice.
Keep in mind that my lake town would be a lot less advanced less elegant and organized but similar in ways.
Both would have a ton of bridges. And treating canals as roads and, boats going through the canals and town and under the bridges and squeezing through the tight spaces.
I want my lake town to feel really claustrophobic in some places. Spaces between the houses and things.

When I was flicking through the different images I realized that I have to start thinking a little differently, because I saw an image of a washing line with clothes drying on it. And it wasn't like we'd see it stretched across the garden, they have no gardens, it was stretched across the house. It's those little things that make it feel believable and inhabited by everyday working people. It's the clever problem solving I have to keep an eye out for.

No comments:

Post a Comment