Thursday 15 January 2015

Artefact - Evaluation

When editing the footage there was a few things I wanted to make sure I get right.
I went for purple-pink-white colours to make sure the effect stands out from the background.
There were things like depth of field and reflections to make the composition sit together well, to make it look as realistic as possible.
To get the reflections right I simply duplicated the first layer which meant all the data with the tracking and all the movement was already there, just changed the opacity and dropped the height of it. That proved to be very simple and effective.
I just had to make sure the reflections are only where I need them, it was tricky to get the time just right to have the reflection only over the waters and not the sand on the edge. 

The depth of field was a little more tricky but I did a little bit of research and all I ended up doing is dropping an extra camera into the composition and in it's options you could control the depth of field of my object. I could control everything including how blurry I want it to be I love it and will definitely be using it in the future.

I went into the shoot so prepared that I ended up shooting a lot more than I needed I had time to improvise and get a little more shots than I originally planned and ended up having plenty to choose from in the end. 

The only problem I've had was the wind. It was so windy it made it nearly impossible to track, but I got around that and in the end I have a great video I am proud of.

If I was to do it again I would definitely work a little more on the sound. 
I would record it again if I had a little more time to make sure there is no background noise I could not get rid of. 
And maybe I would match it more to the image, I feel like maybe that could be improved on.

For the purpose of this I have used the Red giant plugin, I used the Magic Bullet Looks. 
This is such a great tool it was so easy to make the composition look so perfect I'm not sure how people go without it! 

I have learned a lot of new things during this process and I hope to use them all in the future.
Overall not many things went too bad and I am proud of how my organisation skills improved.

No comments:

Post a Comment