Monday 9 February 2015

Brainstorm, Initial Ideas.

Initially, for this project, I wanted to continue exploring what I've been doing during my Dissertation. But after doing that and thinking about it, this isn't what I really enjoy doing. And I started this course because it was important to me to do what I enjoy spending my time on. I have also noticed that I do a lot better if it's something I enjoy because I simply spend a lot more time on it, I put a lot of thought into the detail and I feel that's what makes it awesome. ^^ 

So from here on I have been thinking about making another game level for this project. 
But since I have a lot of time om this I decided to make this one a big one : D

I started brainstorming on thing I could do
I considered things like big factories, with a lot of machinery and weird objects it would be an interested thing to do. 
I thought of an abandoned mall, through this I could show a variety of skills because I would have to model a lot of different things in different styles. Eg. Fabrics in clothes shops, toy shops food shops etc. 
Another idea was to do a scene out of a nightmare. In a huge toy store, would make it full of creepy toys like clowns etc. I imagined it having a distorted vision and uneven walls and things.
I thought of doing an old fashioned little town. 
I thought of making like a big building or a castle or something, on top of a snowy mountain. 
Another idea was to do a big mansion, in which you'd explore different rooms etc. 

But the last idea I've had outweighed them all.
I thought about doing a lake town, that way I could use pretty much all of the skills I have and have a chance to gain a lot of new ones.
It won't be an easy to do because there are a lot of things I have to pin down very early in the process. What time it's in, how advanced or simple the people are. This will inform what tools and technology they'll use. What clothing they wear. I will have to figure out what people will live there,will it just be fishermen and will they just live off the fishing or will they be fairly close to the land and hunt too for example.
I feel like this will be a very exciting thing to do so I quickly crossed out all the other ideas and started thinking about making my laketown. 

No comments:

Post a Comment