Friday 26 April 2013

New Brief! Environment design!

So lately we got a new brief and I've waited a long time for this one! GAME DESIGN! Hell yeah, we are to design a full playable game level! 
We are to pick and portrait one of the themes: 
Fear, Disgust, Joy, Calm, Awe
Obviously I won't make it easy for myself and actually go for more scary environment. This will require me to make a lot of little clues and props helping to send that message. But I'm not complaining... I love this brief already!
We are to produce a level no bigger than 100m by 100m but it's quality over quantity! We are to use Unity, Maya and Photoshop.
There is much more consideration and stuff required when going through this brief so it's important to start at least thinking about it in the next couple of days. Which I will anyway :') So far I've already considered lots of different scenarios, but none of them seemed good enough. But back to the subject!
Apart from just designing the environment we need a story behind it.
When within the story, we need to consider where on the timeline we come across this environment. Is it an aftermath of some event?
Another thing I really like about this brief is that 80% of it is actually the progress and stuff and NOT RESEARCH! YES FINALLY!! Because I have doing tons of research cause after all it's supposed to be my work, not work ripped from someone else.
Since it's such a complicated big brief we were advised to break it down into sections so we don't get lost in all of it. 
But the best of all, WE NEED TO PLAY GAMES AS A PART OF OUR RESEARCH! Who wouldn't love that : D
Well I believe I have covered the most important things... So yeah we'll see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment